Is Greece a good place to get married?
Greece is a popular place for a destination wedding for many reasons; the beautiful weather, the unspoilt beaches, the gorgeous mountain views and the delicious authentic food.
Where should I get married in Greece?
The following locations are popular destinations for getting married in Greece:
- Santorini. Santorini is one of the most beautiful islands in the world and it would be a one-lifetime experience to enjoy with your loved ones! …
- Peloponnese. This area in Greece has a great history and rich mythology! …
- Sifnos. …
- Zante and Corfu.
How easy is it to get married in Greece?
You don‘t need to be a citizen or a resident of Greece to get married there. However, if you’re marrying a Greek citizen or resident, he or she must hold a valid residence permit. … Younger couples can get married if they receive special dispensation from a court, which also requires parental permission.
Is it expensive to get married in Greece?
The average cost of a wedding in Greece is around $19,337 (€16,654). You’ll have to cough up just a hair under $20,00 for a wedding in Greece, according to the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners.
What documents are needed to get married in Greece?
What are the legal requirements to get married in Greece?
- FULL birth certificate of the bride and groom,
- Certificate of no impediment to marriage or marriage license or capacity to marry of the bride and groom,
- Divorce / adoption / change of name certificates where applied,
- Passports of the bride and groom.
Can you get Greek citizenship by marriage?
CITIZENSHIP BY Marriage
Those who are married to a Greek citizen with at least one child and have resided in Greece for at least 3 years may apply for naturalization (reduced from the typically 10 year residence requirement).
Which country is easiest to get married?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
- Cyprus. …
How much does it cost to get married in Santorini?
Santorini Wedding cost. Average Wedding Cost. The average wedding cost in Santorini is 1200 euros. Couples, on average, spend between 800 euros and 6000 euros but, most couples spend less than 2000 euros.
Can a UK citizen get married in Greece?
In order to marry in Greece, you will need to acquire a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from the UK. This is a legal document that states that it is legal for you and your partner to wed. … The marriage licence will take at the minimum 7 days to be issued, although it can take a few months.