Yes, it’s exciting. And, yes, you should feel free to share the footage of the big moment on social media if you choose to do so, but be careful not to go overboard. … “Posting only several special shots of the engagement makes a simple but still celebratory statement.”
Should you post your engagement on social media?
It’s perfectly acceptable to announce news of your engagement on social media for distant relatives, acquaintances, and long-lost friends, but a couple’s nearest and dearest should never read the news online. Your loved ones deserve to hear about your engagement face-to-face-or at least with a personal phone call.
What to post on social media when you get engaged?
Cute Engagement Captions
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
How do I post an engagement on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Tap See Your About Info.
- Scroll down to the Relationship section.
- Tap Add a relationship status or tap to Edit status you’ve added already.
- Choose your relationship status and use the audience selector to choose your privacy setting.
- Tap Save.
How do I share my engagement on Facebook?
Here’s how to share your engagement on social media.
- Really soak it in. You shouldn’t be whipping out your phone as soon as you S.O. …
- Tell your nearest and dearest before posting. …
- DM your BFFs. …
- Take a breather. …
- Don’t overpost. …
- Couple photo > ring photo. …
- Keep the caption concise. …
- Make it Facebook official.
How much should one spend on an engagement ring?
General Rule: You should spend at least 2 months salary on the engagement ring. If, for example, you are making $60,000 per year, you should spend $10,000 on the engagement ring.
Should you tell your coworkers you’re engaged?
“You should tell your employer you are engaged as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. Depending on the office environment, it may be something that you’d like to share right away,” she says. Be clear on your commitment to your job.
How do I tell my friend I’m engaged?
How to Tell Family and Friends You’re Engaged, According to the…
- Enjoy the moment. …
- Tell the right people first. …
- Pick up the phone. …
- Let your new ring shine, but only if you want to.
How do you congratulate for engagement?
- Congratulations on your wedding engagement!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple. …
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom! …
- Congratulations on your new journey together.
- Congratulations on taking this exciting step together.
- Congratulations on finding each other.
How do you say Happy engagement?
- “Here’s to your engagement! …
- “Cheers on your engagement!”
- “Here’s to a very happy engagement and a lifetime of love.”
- “Cheers to the two of you…and to the love you share!”
- “May your engagement be happy. …
- “A toast to your engagement! …
- “Here’s to the wonderful two of you! …
- “Celebrating your engagement!