Should you congratulate the bride?
Always, always extend your best wishes to a bride, but feel free to say congratulations to the groom. … “Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal.
Is it rude to congratulate a bride?
“It is traditional to say ‘Congratulations’ to a groom after a wedding, but ‘Best wishes’ to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great ‘catch’, but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.”
How do you congratulate a wedding bride?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.”
- “May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.”
- “Thank you for letting us share in your special day. …
- “Here’s to a lifetime full of happiness and love.”
- “Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life.
How do you wish a beautiful bride?
Wishing you the best of life ahead filled with joy and happiness. 80. Congratulations to the beautiful bride and the handsome groom. May your love grow deeper for each other each passing year!
What do you say to a bride instead of congratulations?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.”
- “Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.”
- “Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.”
What can we say instead of congratulations?
synonyms for congratulations
- best wishes.
- good going.
- good wishes.
- good work.
What do you say to a woman getting married?
“Happy Marriage” would not stand on its own as a phrase you could use, but you could say “I wish you a happy marriage“, “Congratulations on your wedding (or marriage)” or “Best wishes for your marriage”.
What do you say to the bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”
How much do I give at a wedding?
The average wedding gift amount hovers right around $100, which is a great place to start, and you can increase or decrease that based on how close you are. If you’re very close or related to the couple (and have the wiggle room in your budget), you may choose to spend more—about $150 per guest (or $200 from a couple).