What is the Traditional Wedding Speech Order? The traditional wedding speech order goes father of the bride, groom, best man and other toasts. Obviously, this is for a heterosexual wedding and if you’re a same-sex couple then this traditional order doesn’t really make much sense.
What order are toasts given at a wedding?
Here’s a traditional order:
- The first toast is customarily made by the best man. …
- Next, the groom, bride, or the two together may toast each other, and then raise a glass to the wedding party and guests to thank them for sharing their special day.
- The bride and groom are followed by their parents.
Are wedding toasts before or after dinner?
If you’re strictly following wedding etiquette and having a sit-down reception, then the toasts should take place after the meal. (That way, the greatest number of guests will be around — and a fed audience is always better than a hungry one.)
What speeches are given at a wedding?
The Traditional Wedding Speech Order
- The Father of the Bride or Parents of the Bride. The father of the bride speech is often one of the most special and tear-jerking speeches at the wedding reception—and it’s usually the first toast given. …
- The Father of the Groom or Parents of the Groom. …
- The Maid of Honor. …
- The Best Man.
What are some good toasts?
To Your Health
- May your beautiful lips never blister! …
- May you live for as long as you want, and never want for as long as you live! …
- Strike hands with me. …
- To absent friends, and to ourselves, as no one is likely to concern themselves with our welfare. …
- Health to those I love, wealth to those who love me.
Do groom’s parents speak at the wedding?
The father of the groom is not expected to make a speech – it’s the best man’s job to speak about your son and to “introduce him” to the bride’s family. However, fathers of the groom do sometimes break with convention, particularly if they are paying for part of the wedding and therefore a “co-host”.
What a father should say at his daughter’s wedding?
“I raise my glass to toast my daughter (Bride’s name). She’s dreamed of this day since she was a young girl, and now her dream has come true, complete with her very own Prince Charming. (Bride & Groom), I wish you much love and happiness in your new life together.”
Is the first dance before or after dinner?
Traditionally, the first dance kicks off the dancing portion of the reception. So, most couples save the first dance until after the meal has been completed.
What comes first toast or cake cutting?
Toasts can be before or after the cutting of the cake, depending when you cut the cake. At Craig y Nos Castle, toasts are normally done at some point during the Wedding Breakfast, not at the Evening Party. If however you were only having an evening wedding function, then Toasts would be done before the first dance.
How long should wedding toasts be?
Toasts are usually around five minutes long—enough time to share a few sweet memories or sentiments, but not so long that guests lose interest.