What do you say to a bride instead of congratulations?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.”
- “Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.”
- “Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.”
Is it rude to congratulate a bride?
“It is traditional to say ‘Congratulations’ to a groom after a wedding, but ‘Best wishes’ to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great ‘catch’, but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.”
What do you say to bride on her wedding day?
Formal Wedding Wishes
- “May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.”
- “May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.”
- “Thank you for letting us share in your special day. …
- “Here’s to a lifetime full of happiness and love.”
- “Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life.
What do you say to someone on the upcoming wedding?
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
Why do you say congratulations to groom and best wishes to bride?
“Saying congratulations to a bride implies that she has won something – her groom. The groom is to be congratulated for getting the lady to accept his marriage proposal. To avoid controversy, many people just extend their best wishes to the bride and the groom!”
What can we say instead of congratulations?
synonyms for congratulations
- best wishes.
- good going.
- good wishes.
- good work.
What should you not say at a wedding?
Avoid an awkward moment by avoiding these topics at all costs:
- Funny thing is, I actually dated the bride/groom first.
- You know, the third time they broke up, I never ever thought they’d get back together. …
- I am just so drunk right now! …
- Kiss your freedom goodbye!
- Welp, no one ever thought this day would come.
How do you wish a blissful marriage?
Wishing you two the best of marital bliss and all the love and happiness in the world. Many congratulations on your marriage!! 46. Congratulations to the most beautiful couple.
What do you say to the bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”