How can I make my wedding more environmentally friendly?
20 Simple Ways to Have a Green Eco-Friendly Wedding
- Buy Ethical Wedding Rings. …
- Avoid Single Use Papers and Plastics for Dishes and Utensils. …
- Rent Dishes and Linens. …
- Donate or Compost Your Flowers and Food Waste. …
- Choose Caterers That Support Local Farmers. …
- Choose Potted Plants & Succulents for Decor.
How much waste is produced by weddings?
“The average wedding produces 400 pounds of trash and 63 tons of carbon dioxide.”
How can I make my wedding plastic free?
How to Eliminate Plastic on Your Wedding Day
- Start With the Right Vendors.
- Rely on Reusable Cups and Straws During Cocktail Hour.
- Shop for Eco-Friendly Wedding Ensembles.
- Ditch Plastic Garment Bags.
- Store Favors in Reusable Bags.
- Rentals, Rentals, Rentals.
How can we avoid wastage of food at functions and marriages?
A Guide to Putting A Stop To Food Wastage in Weddings
- Choose a caterer and a venue carefully.
- Serve with biodegradable or compostable plates.
- Redirect Food to Needy.
- Be more accurate in your food preparation planning.
- Chuck Buffet System for Serving Option.
- Pack Food for the Guests.
Are Weddings bad for the environment?
Marriage is a beautiful thing, but the average American wedding is keeping a dirty little secret — it’s estimated that each of the 2.5 million weddings that take place each year produces 400 to 600 pounds of garbage and 62 tons of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas.