It has a formal touch to it, but “doesn’t require that the couple kiss if they are quite shy people,” Babinski says. Instead, feel free to kiss, hug, hold hands and turn towards your guests — whatever feels right. Remember, your wedding is all about what you want as a couple.
Why do we kiss the bride?
The Origin of the First Kiss
Back then, it was customary for the priest to give a holy “kiss of peace” to the groom, who would then pass the kiss on the bride. This was done to bless the marriage inside of the church, giving way to the common phrase heard today at most ceremonies: “You may now kiss the bride.”
Why is marriage sealed with a kiss?
Originally, when the bride kissed the groom it was assumed it would be their first kiss. Plus, in ancient Rome, kissing was a legal bond. … But today, the meaning of the wedding kiss most commonly represents the bride’s and groom’s love, devotion, and respect for each other.
What to say instead of you may kiss the bride?
“You May Now Kick Off Your Marriage!“
Similarly, you could use the wording “you may now begin your adventure of marriage with a kiss,” which is “a fun and light-hearted alternative that will set the tone for your wedding day — and your marriage,” Karen Norian, a wedding planner for Simply Eloped, tells Bustle.
Do you kiss at the first look?
With a first look, couples can take their time with one another and truly speak what’s on their heart. They can hug, kiss, and fully take in the moment without being rushed. Also, during the first look, when the groom sees the bride for the first time, he’s actually seeing his future wife!
What should we do on wedding night?
7 AMAZING wedding night tips for bride-to-be
- 01/8First night advice for virgin brides… …
- 02/8Keep calm. …
- 03/8Not everyone bleeds during their first time. …
- 04/8Don’t aim for perfection. …
- 05/8Make lube your best friend. …
- 06/8You may not have an orgasm. …
- 07/8It might not happen. …
- 08/8A night to remember.
How do you get the bride and groom to kiss you?
Try these new and cool kiss-the-bride ideas instead:
- Make guests work for it through a hula hoop or ring toss.
- Have guests sing a love song, tell a joke or story about the bride and groom to see them pucker up.
- Go one step further and add games, like a putting contest, roulette wheel or twister.