Can I get married in Chicago right now?
As Illinois and Chicago’s shelter-in-place persists, state and city offices are closed to the public. … Once you’re ready to apply, you must both appear in person at a county clerk’s office and provide a sworn consent of marriage after providing valid identification.
How do I get married in Chicago Covid?
Couples can now apply for a Marriage License online. Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-36, signed by Governor Pritzker on May 1, 2020, authorizes our office to use videoconferencing technology to enable couples to apply for a Marriage License.
How can I get married in Chicago?
To legally get married in Cook County (the county Chicago is in) both persons in the couple must go to one of the six Clerk’s offices to get a Cook County marriage license. You both must present valid identification and pay the $60 fee.
Can I get married online?
Not only are some states recognizing virtual ceremonies, but they are also allowing residents to apply for marriage licenses online, something that typically must be done in-person.
Who can marry me in Illinois?
Weddings in Illinois can be performed by:
- Judges or retired judges;
- A county clerk in a county having at least 2,000,000 people (e.g., Cook County);
- A public official whose duties include performing weddings;
- A then-governing mayor or president of a city, village, or town; or.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Chicago?
Applying for a Marriage License
Present valid identification with proof of age. Fill out and sign the marriage license application. Pay the marriage license fee of $60.
What do you need for a courthouse wedding?
Courthouse wedding checklist:
- U.S. current photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Proof of citizenship and/or residence.
- Birth certificate.
- If previously married, documentation that indicates the end of the previous marriage (divorce certificate, death certificate, etc.)
How do you get married at City Hall?
Steps to Planning a Courthouse Wedding
- Choose a City Hall. …
- Research Marriage License Requirements. …
- Apply for the Marriage License. …
- Make an Appointment or Nominate a Day. …
- Create a Courthouse Wedding Checklist. …
- Capture the Event on Film. …
- Invite Your Closest Family Members or Friends. …
- Pick an Outfit You Feel Good In.
What do I need to get married in IL?
Bring with you a form of identification, such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport. The marriage license is valid for 60 days, and is valid only in the county in which it was issued, which means that your marriage ceremony must take place within that county.
Do you need witnesses to get married in Illinois?
Illinois: Witnesses are not required by Illinois law. … Witnesses must be age 18 or older. Kentucky: Kentucky law require two (2) persons other than those being married and the person solemnizing the marriage must be present as witnesses.