Traditional engagement etiquette recommends that the bride’s parents be the first to be informed of their daughter’s engagement. Tell them in person, if possible—after all, they’re going to want to hug you and make a fuss! If they live too far away, a phone call is the next-best option.
Do you bring presents to engagement parties?
Do you need to bring an engagement party gift? No. It’s totally optional. A close friend or family member, like an aunt or cousin who’s particularly fond of the bride or groom, often brings a gift but for everyone else, it’s not expected or necessary.
How do I announce my daughters engagement on Facebook?
6 Unique Ways To Announce Your Engagement On Social Media
- 1) Hold A Sign.
- 2) Get Creative With A Prop.
- 3) Post A Ring Selfie With Him.
- 4) Come Up With A Witty Caption.
- 5) Announce It On A T-Shirt.
- 6) Have Your Pet Share The News.
Who do you congratulate on an engagement?
- Congratulations on your wedding engagement!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple. …
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom! …
- Congratulations on your new journey together.
- Congratulations on taking this exciting step together.
- Congratulations on finding each other.
Who should pay for an engagement party?
Who should pay for an engagement party? Tradition has largely dictated that the bride’s parents host and pay for the engagement party. However, today’s standards have slowly dated this rule. Now, many couples plan, host, and pay for their engagement party out of their own pocket.
How much do I give for an engagement party?
The Gift Amount
Aim for the engagement party gift to be around one-quarter to one-third the cost of the wedding gift.
How long should an engagement party last?
Engagement parties generally last about 4 hours only so plan for food and drink accordingly. Also, you don’t need a fancy expensive cake like you’ll want for your wedding.