What does it mean to engage the enemy?
7 verb When a military force engages the enemy, it attacks them and starts a battle.
What does it mean to engage something?
transitive verb. 1 : to offer (something, such as one’s life or word) as backing to a cause or aim : to expose to risk for the attainment or support of some end engaged his all in the king’s cause. 2a obsolete : to entangle or entrap in or as if in a snare or bog. b : to attract and hold by influence or power.
What does engaging with mean?
formal. : to become involved with (someone or something) a very conservative teacher who will not engage with the students.
How do you use engaging?
attracting or delighting.
- Judges had been engaging in sexual orgies.
- It’s an engaging manner that easily deceives.
- The cogwheels are not engaging.
- His engaging personality made him popular with his peers.
- We’re engaging the services of a professional administrator.
- They are engaging in an embryo research.
How do you engage?
26: Ten Ways to Engage People Today
- Sponsor an employee goal. …
- Know family names. …
- Learn the story of someone you lead. …
- Recognize someone publicly. …
- Give constructive feedback. …
- Talk about your own mistakes. …
- Reward innovation, even when it fails. …
- Tell people why you’re not taking their ideas.
Can you engage something?
engage somebody/something She has already engaged a lawyer. We will have to engage the services of a translator. engage somebody/something as something He was immediately engaged as a consultant.
|present simple I / you / we / they engage||/ɪnˈɡeɪdʒ/ /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒ/|
|-ing form engaging||/ɪnˈɡeɪdʒɪŋ/ /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒɪŋ/|
What does it mean to engage services?
1 to secure the services of; employ. 2 to secure for use; reserve. engage a room. 3 to involve (a person or his attention) intensely; engross; occupy.
What does it mean to engage yourself in something?
To betroth oneself or someone to someone else; to enter two people into an engagement to be married.
When should you engage someone?
1[transitive] engage something (formal) to succeed in attracting and keeping someone’s attention and interest It is a movie that engages both the mind and the eye. Their pleas failed to engage any sympathy.
What does an engaging smile mean?
: tending to draw favorable attention or interest : attractive an engaging smile.
How do you describe engaging?
Engaging Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.
What is another word for engaging?