A South Carolina marriage license costs between $30 and $100. The fee varies by county and residency. Most applicants pay about $50.
How do you get married at the courthouse in SC?
How to obtain your South Carolina Marriage License
- File a Marriage License Application in person at the Probate Court office.
- Provide proper Identification (Check with the specific county for identification requirements.)
- Pay the Appropriate License Fee.
- Observe a 24 Hour Waiting Period.
How do you get married at a local courthouse?
Courthouse wedding checklist
- Do your research. …
- Gather the required documents. …
- Apply for a marriage license. …
- Set a courthouse ceremony date. …
- Secure a court-approved officiant. …
- Get a witness (if necessary). …
- Invite your family and friends. …
- Think about post-ceremony celebrations.
Is there a waiting period to get married in South Carolina?
South Carolina statute requires a twenty-four (24) hour waiting period after applying before the marriage license may be issued. The license cannot and will not be issued less than twenty-four (24) hours from the time of application (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Do you need witnesses to get married in SC?
Witnesses: South Carolina does not require a witness to the marriage.
Can a notary marry you in SC?
If you’re getting married in one of the four states of Nevada, South Carolina, Florida, or Maine, your Notary Public can officiate your wedding.
Can I get married online?
Not only are some states recognizing virtual ceremonies, but they are also allowing residents to apply for marriage licenses online, something that typically must be done in-person.
What documents do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Do you say vows at a courthouse wedding?
With a courthouse wedding, there tend to be less than ten guests. All in all, a courthouse wedding can be done in less than ten minutes. It also doesn’t require any of the customs we usually associate with a wedding. You don’t need a sermon, you don’t have to say vows, and you don’t have to exchange rings.
Who can marry you in South Carolina?
There’s ONE single little rule pertaining to who can perform a marriage ceremony in South Carolina: All you have to do is be ordained as a “minister of the Gospel***”, which can be completely non-denominational.
What documents do you need to get married in South Carolina?
One of the following:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy of the birth certificate.
- Valid S.C. identification card issued by the S.C. Highway Department.
- Current military identification card.
- A current passport.
Can you get a marriage license online in South Carolina?
The Richland County Probate Court is working to assist South Carolina couples who are getting married during the pandemic. We have implemented a new online system to allow us to process your Marriage License Application without you having to appear in person. As this is NEW, there will be reasons for patience.